Thursday, April 28, 2016

Back At It

I was admittedly fairly sore for a few days after the 50k. I know it was partly the course, but I also know that hopping right in the car and driving for 4 hours to Raleigh after the race didn't help, nor did traveling the next day. But hey, you do what you have to do, and it was pretty great to be able to fit that race into our vacation, so I'll take it! :)

I had intended to run yesterday but on Tuesday we got about 2" to 3" of wet, heavy snow which most certainly hadn't melted by 6:00 am on Wednesday morning, so since it seemed it might not make for an easy shake-out run, I skipped it instead. I did get up and out this morning for a nice easy 4 miles around the Heath. The snow as gone - gotta love the warm spring sun - and although it was chilly, the sun was shining brightly. Nothing felt particularly sore, just a bit sluggish and tired in the first few miles. Will be keeping the mileage low for the next week+ but happy to be back out!

No comments: