Tuesday, April 5, 2016

500

When I looked at Strava this afternoon, I realized I hit 500 miles for the year during this morning's run. A little off 2,000 mile pace for the year considering it's already a few days into April, but still, not bad!

Out at 6:00 am with no need for a headlamp. Hurray! But it appears we are back to "winter" for a few days here, with a dusting of snow on the ground, cold temps, iced over puddles and a whole lot of hoar frost popping back up out on the trails. April is a fickle month, yes, but these swings in temperature are tough to take, and even tougher on the flora and fauna, I imagine. Hopefully everything will make it through OK but I guess only time will tell.

Ran up over Mt. A. and along hole #3, watching the horizon begin to glow through the trees. Very pretty sunrise this morning.



Ran out along the Cathance for a lovely, if chilly, 6.5 miles. Always a good way to start the day.

No comments: