Thursday, August 1, 2013

All Over the Place

Life lately has been a bit all over the place. Work at Tedford is going well and the 25 hours is just about perfect. That said, I'm not just sitting around the rest of the work week. I've been working at the gallery at least one afternoon a week, and have another project that has me in Portland one afternoon a month. The project I was working on last winter should be starting up again in the fall. Sam has been up late, late, late at night. Last night she didn't fall asleep until 9:20. If she takes a nap at daycare, we're screwed - it means a long night and a struggle to get her to sleep. Tonight was pretty good - I think I was downstairs by 8:30. This means my evenings aren't quite as productive as they used to be, so I feel like I am not getting much done as I would like to be. I just can't stay up late enough. Last night, I was so mad about not having the time I wanted, that I went to Target at 9:30 at night to get some grocery shopping done. I'm getting up a few days a week at 5:00 to get in my runs. This morning, well, that just didn't happen (see 9:20 bedtime and 9:30 Target trip above). So, tonight I went out for a run after Ryan got home from work. I had already eaten dinner and hung out with Sam for a bit, but rallied to get out into the evening air for a run around the Highland Green loop. Had to stop to take a few blackberry breaks along the way, of course! The legs felt heavy at first, but loosened up a bit as I went along. Was glad I had the motivation to get out in the evening when I normally don't run and certainly don't feel fresh. Tomorrow the plan is for 16 miles at high noon once I get done with work. See? All over the place ;-)

1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Your schedule reminds me of when I worked in TV news... never a constant schedule. It can be rough, but I didn't have a small human to take care on top of that. Respect.