Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Evening Run

Didn't quite have the energy for the morning run today, so when Ryan got home, I ate 1/2 my dinner and then headed out. Although the day had seemed warm and muggy, by 6:30, it was pleasant and breezy out. I ran across the street to do the Highland Green loop. My legs seemed heavy at first, but warmed up as I ran along. Despite it being evening, I actually managed to run a fairly decent pace for the loop. Saw a little porcupine at the edge of the grass near the raspberry brambles. I said hello and he scurried of into the brush. On the way back, in the same area, I saw a deer and her two fawn. I stopped to walk so as not scare them but they took off, white tails up, into the woods. Had to make a stop to eat a few blackberries along the way too :-) Can't resist!

No comments: