Friday, August 2, 2013

Mid-day 16

After a rainy morning, the skies had cleared by the time I headed out for my run a little before 12:30. In fact, I was surprised by how warm and muggy it felt, especially as the sun came out in the middle of the run. I ran the loop around the edge of the Bowdoin fields and headed into the Commons. Then out into Pennelville, where I ran two pavement/dirt road loops for a total of 4 miles before ducking back into the woods again. I took the long way back so that by the time I was ready to head back out into the Commons for the 2nd time, I already had 11 miles done. I felt pretty good - I wasn't pushing the pace and was just cruising along, thinking about nothing and anything at all.

The final 3 miles back to the car were probably the slowest of the run - I was just ready to be done, as by that point I was thoroughly saturated and could feel the sweat running from my soaked shorts down my legs and into my shoes. Ew! But I just kept moving forward, and got in my 16 miles at just under 10 minute pace. Was happy to have the legs feel good throughout, even if I slowed a bit near the end, and to have been able to eat and drink adequately without stomach revolt. Even better was that I didn't feel entirely wiped out when I got home. I quickly showered and went to pick up Sam from daycare. We headed right into town for a yummy dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant with gelato for dessert. Sam was a fun dinner companion and we had a good time talking about our day and watching the rain pour down outside as we ate. We brought home dinner for Ryan too, so he didn't totally miss out :-)

No comments: