Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Glow

Didn't quite have the energy to get up early for a shake-out run yesterday morning, so this morning was it. Got out a little after 5:30 am for a slow shuffle around the block. There was a bank of low, light purple clouds in the sky, and with the sun rising through them, the horizon was aglow with a soft light. Very pretty. Was a bit surprised by how tired I felt. Guess I did put in a good effort on Sunday. Ran four miles with a few stops to pick blackberries along the way.

In other news, last night while I was shucking corn out back, Sam was drawing on the patio with her chalk. With no prompting, she decided to draw daddy, complete with a head, two long stick legs, arms out of his head and eyes. Then she added me and herself, and drew a box around us signifying a house. The roof looked more like grass than a roof, but hey, I'd call that representational drawing. Nice job, Sam Sam! :-)

No comments: