Friday, August 30, 2013

Afternoon 8

I changed into my running clothes at work, and one of my co-workers asked me how much I normally run. I told him that today I was "just" running 8. From the other room, I heard the other Danielle in the office yell, "Just?!" Hmmm... I sometimes forget that what seems like a normal afternoon run of no big significance to me doesn't always seem so to others :-) Guess that's ultrarunning for you!

Headed out into the Commons around 12:30. The sun was warm, the breeze was cool, but it was surprisingly muggy. I ran what has become my "typical" 8-mile lollypop loop - 3.5 through the trails in the Commons, the 2-mile Pennelville loop, and the more straight shot route back to Bowdoin for the remaining miles. A nice, if sweaty, afternoon run. My legs still felt a bit tired from Sunday's effort up in Acadia, but I realize this is just part of the game. Tomorrow's 22 at Bradbury might hurt a bit, though ;-)

No comments: