Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Flowers

Ended up taking Monday and yesterday off. Monday by design and yesterday because I had an early morning meeting and just didn't end up having the time. This morning's run was lackluster at best. My legs felt clunky and I simply had no energy. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow's run will be a bit better.

It was a beautiful morning though, as we are certainly having some nice spring weather! I ran out on the powerlines, and had my first towhee sighting of the season! I can vividly remember seeing one while out on the AT and initially thinking it was an oriole :-) For some reason, this memory always makes me smile. Also ran past the pair of mallards that I always see at this time of year on the little marshy seasonal pond at the foot of the hill past Highland Green Road. I wonder if they nest there? On the return trip, as I plodded along, my eyes scanned the edge of the trail, and I noticed a few small clumps of trailing arbutus and later, several patches of wood anemone in the midst of the unfurling ferns. First blooming spring wildflowers of the season for me!

No comments: