Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Post-Race Update

Sam had a great time while Ryan and I were off running and playing at the TARC races on Saturday. Many thanks to Grammie and Grampie for hanging out with her for the day! Sam had a lot of fun.

Walking along the river in Newburyport

Whee!

Fun at the playground

Cool sculpture

Hanging out with Grampie

On Sunday, we all headed over to visit Phyllis and Ted - Sam LOVED rearranging Great-Grammie's shelves with her dolls and other knick-knack type items. Phyllis was a trooper, and didn't seem to mind one bit :-) It was great to see everyone!

Of course, on the way home, the exhaust system essentially fell off the yellow Snowplug mobile, meaning that today, after much negotiation, we now have a bright blue Prius V! Snazzy! 


Sam is very excited to have the same car as Annie :-) I'll miss the Matrix - it was a good car and had a lot of good memories - but I don't think I can complain too much.

On the running front, I had already decided before the race that I was going to not run this week. I looked back through my training logs, and aside from the days off before the race with the wonky ankle, I really haven't taken any time off from running since right after Stonecat. I don't know what the right thing to do is in terms of recovery and time off after races, but it seemed like it might be the prudent thing to just let my body rest for a bit. My quads hurt until yesterday, but other than that, I've been feeling good. Hoping to hit the trails again on Sunday and see how it goes! Can't wait to get out and see how much is blooming and greening in the woods. With all this warm weather, things are really popping!

No comments: