Friday, May 17, 2013

Running on Fumes

Sam has never been a good sleeper. When she was little, she would hardly nap at all yet still be happy, which was something the daycare providers had never seen in a small infant. Naptime was often a struggle with us on the days we were home with her, and so, eventually we just gave up on the idea. Honestly, now our stay at home days were much easier after that! Of course, they still have nap time at daycare, but often she wouldn't sleep. It was never a problem, because she was still cheery, and if she was tired out, bedtime was easy and quick. But, now that she is 3 1/2, she has, for some unknown reason, started napping - almost daily! And let me tell you, it is putting a serious crimp in our evenings... Last night she didn't fall asleep until 9:00 pm! AIE! At that point of the night, I'm ready for bed myself. SHEESH!

In any event, after coming downstairs with a few choice words coming out of my mouth about the non-sleeping child (whom I honestly love to pieces, but seriously!), I headed off to do some desperately needed grocery shopping, came home to sit for a bit at the computer, and finally went up to bed sometime after 10:30 pm. Sam woke up two times in the night, which meant a restless night for me, and then was calling for me at 6:30 am. She was chipper and happy as can be. Me, not so much :-) Ha. In any event, I headed out for this morning's run feeling a bit low on energy. I ran the Heath loop for 4.25 miles, just wandering along, trying to enjoy being out in the woods. It worked for the most part - the birds were singing, flowers are blooming - but I'm tired! Hoping to get a bit more sleep tonight :-)

No comments: