Friday, May 24, 2013

Puddle Stomping

Good morning for puddle stomping, for sure! Had to be up at work at 8:00 this morning to hang the new show for the weekend, but wanted to get a run in too so I made sure Ryan set the alarm for 5:15 last night. Woke to the sound of rain once again gently pitter-patting on the roof, and almost went back to sleep. Finally got myself out of bed and out the door at 5:45. Into the rain, splashing in the puddles, stopping to pick up a few worms here and there (they were everywhere!) and listening to the birds chatter despite the weather. Got in a nice, thoroughly sopping 4 miles :-)

There's still a teeny tiny little part of me that regrets deciding not to do Pineland this weekend, but the larger portion of my head and heart are rejoicing that I won't be out there running laps through the wet, slick fields ;) And honestly, I know it was the right decision to stick with just taking it easy this month and not trying to push it with another 50k, as I finally feel like my legs are coming back to life. In any event, with the wet and muddy conditions that will no doubt be found out on the courses this weekend, I know all my Trail Monster friends will be right in their element, and I think there are going to be some good races out there! Looking forward to getting over to cheer with Sam on Sunday!

No comments: