Saturday, May 18, 2013

Homeplace

Amazing what a good night of sleep will do! Sam fell asleep at 8:15 last night - much better! - and I got into bed right before 10:00, sleeping soundly until she got up at 6:00. After breakfast and some time with Sam, I got out the door around 7:30 for a 5 mile run on the powerlines. The thermometer read 48 degrees, but as I ran out into the sun, it felt warmer, which was a nice surprise. Birds were calling, flowers were blooming and I felt pretty good, all of which mean happiness for me when it comes to running. Stopped to watch a Hooded Warbler for a while, and enjoyed the magenta rhodora blooming at the edge of the marshy areas.

After I got showered up, Sam and I took a short walk out back before Tumble Time. She has been very into picking dandelions and bringing them inside to put in a small little vase that I have, so that's what we did :-) As she reached down to pick one, she said, "Oh, these dandelions, aren't they beautiful? I'll pick them, and then I want them to die, so I can come back out and pick more!" HA! Gotta love it.

2 comments:

unstrung said...

Hah! Sam rocks.
This is the first time I think I have ever heard of you getting 8 solid hours of sleep. Hurrah!

Sparkplug said...

Ah yes, she is a funny child :)
As for the sleep, I don't expect it to happen again but it sure was nice :)