Thursday, May 30, 2013

Naked

Nope, didn't run naked this afternoon in the 80+ degree heat, sorry! :-) Just did this morning's run sans Garmin. The darn thing wouldn't find the satellites in the heavy mist as I headed out at 7:00 am, and I didn't have time to wait for it on the third try, as I was cutting it close as it was. Oh well. I only had time for the short Highland Green loop anyway, which I know is 3 miles give or take a few 100ths depending on where you stop int he parking lot, so that's good enough for me. Did make me realize, however, that I really like running with the Garmin. I like the exactness of hearing the beep of the mile lap and I do like to see what pace I was running, even if I just tend to look at it after the fact.

Sounds like the weather is supposed to continue the trend of "straight to the height of summer after a long, cool and wet spring" so I'm anticipating a hot and sweaty 7 mile run tomorrow afternoon after I get out of work. I'm sure I'll be cursing the weather a bit, but I'm still looking forward to running in the Commons and looking for ladyslippers :-)

No comments: