Friday, March 2, 2012

4 for 40

I was really hoping to get out on my snowshoes for a run this morning, but as Ryan said after shoveling out the cars, there really wasn't that much snow out there. It sure looked pretty, but we probably got 6" at the most, and it was all of the light, fluffy variety which didn't pack down well, and there is little to no base for it to sit upon. So I sadly put my snowshoes back, and headed out on the roads for a messy, slushy, slippy 4 miles. As much as I was pining to be out on the trails, I could tell I'd made the right decision about the snowshoes though - where the snow had been plowed or shoveled, it was only a few inches of fluff before going right back to the bare ground, so the snowshoes would have hit a lot of rocks and such if I had taken them out. Oh well. Looks like the snow totals were a bit higher further south so the snowshoes will get a workout on Sunday at the last snowshoe race of the season at least!

Today's 4 miler brought my weekly total up to 40, a relatively solid and happy total in my book.

Sam and I did get out in the snow for a bit yesterday morning, although we didn't last long before the wind took her breath away and she wanted to go back inside. Ah well, at least we tried! I did bring a number of containers of snow into the house after naptime for her to play with in the sink. She had fun eating, spooning and melting the snow, so that was a hit at least :-)

Enjoying the snow day yesterday!

No comments: