Monday, March 26, 2012

Blown Away

We headed back to Maine this morning, and wow! Feels like we are back in winter. I am sure it is normal March weather, but again, it just feels so cold compared to the warm summer weather we have been having! I hope the irises and lilies that have started to come up by our door, not to mention all the other trees and plants, manage to survive through this major temperature swing!

Sam was tired out from a busy weekend, and went down easily almost without a peep, saying "Sweet dreams, have a good nap, Mama!" as I went out of her room, so I headed right out for my run. I almost got blown away out there! There is some serious wind whipping around outside right now. I took to the woods and ran down to the river, but there was no hiding from the wind today. It was everywhere, swirling about. Gotta be good resistance training or something, though, right?! :-)

2 comments:

unstrung said...

Yay! I am not the only one feeling disproportionately cold. I too am worried about the flora/fauna that is already here, and shouldn't be. Food chain insanity? Eek.

Also, I have a mystery bird sound that I am trying to identify. Is there any really good online bird song identifier that you'd recommend? I've poked around a bit and it isn't anything terribly common so perhaps most sites don't have it. Haven't found it in several years of (extremely intermittent) seeking.

Sparkplug said...

I like the site allaboutbirds.org, but typically have some idea what type of bird I am seeking before going there to search around. However, you can search by shape and general type, as well as name. Do you know if it is a warbler or thrush or other general type of bird? That might help. Then you can search through the database looking at images and playing the little sound bytes they have for each bird:

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/browse/ac

Good luck! Some of the birds out there are tough little buggers to identify!!!