Friday, March 30, 2012

Lackluster

I didn't sleep well last night. I tossed and turned. I was hot. I was cold. My mind wouldn't turn off. Sam woke me up. Ronnie woke me up. Gigi woke me up. Ryan came home late and then proceeded to snore once he got into bed. And then Sam was up early. Gah. And despite the fact that Sam was a good little girl all morning long, by the time I had gotten back from dropping her off at daycare, I was feeling a bit grumpy about feeling tired. With a sigh and a shake of my head, I headed out into the wind for a run. I didn't have much time, and at the pace I was going, knew I wasn't going to get in the six miles I had hoped for. Four rather lackluster miles would have to do.

Based on what I ran today, I have five miles on tap for tomorrow and am hoping to find some positive vibes  with which to run them :-) Tomorrow's run will bring my weekly run total up to 50 miles, an unprecedented amount for me. I don't know how all my runner friends do this week in and week out! I suppose it just takes some getting used to, but I don't know that I could sustain this type of running for long - I have just never been a high mileage runner. In any event, I am planning on another 50 mile week next week before a bit of a taper for TARC, so let the "high mileage" experiment continue :-) And speaking of crazy running, read this story. Way to go Blaine! Amazing!

2 comments:

mindy said...

When you clean up at TARC, you won't remember any of these runs ;)

Sparkplug said...

Thanks for having such faith in me, Mindy!