Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back

Well, after the stomach bug or whatever it was, I spent all day on Sunday and Monday pretty much out of it. Thankfully Ryan was working from home on Monday, and was able to take Sam to the doctor for her ear check (all clear! Hurray!) so that I could take a nap in the morning. Then, while Sam napped after lunch, I napped too. Can't remember the last time I was feeling this tired and weak. Even during my pregnancy, I had more energy! In any event, Tuesday morning was the first time I had been outside since Saturday evening. I felt much better, but still hadn't managed to eat much. Finally, this morning I woke up feeling pretty much like my normal self. I had to drop off the car for an oil change, so I decided I would wear my running clothes and run a test run home from there. I had high hopes and thought maybe I could get in 5 miles, but Ryan reminded me of the past two days so I relented and agreed to just go for three miles. This was probably the right call, as I definitely didn't feel super energetic; still I didn't feel terrible, and I certainly was glad to be out running again! It is going to be a pretty minimal week mileage-wise, but oh well. These things happen. I'm just happy to be feeling better!

No comments: