Sunday, March 11, 2012

Outside Fun

This morning, Sam, Ryan and I met up with my sister and Morgan for a hike at Bradbury. When we told Sam about our plans yesterday, she said to me "no running," so I took her to her word and we all went over together for some family time out on the trails. It was a beautiful morning, and we had a lot of fun! There was still a fair amount of snow and ice in places, but there were large swaths of bare ground too - spring is on its way! After the hike, we enjoyed a delicious lunch and some yummy donuts at Edna & Lucy's. The perfect Sunday morning in my book!

Hiking up the Ski Trail

Family portrait with Morgan!

Happy hikers!

Daddo and Sammy

Kristen and Morgan at the Bluff

Hiking to the summit

View from the top

Ha! :-)

Cousins

Post-hike donuts!

Sam was pretty tired from all the fresh air, so she went right down for a nap when we got home, and I headed out for my run. I got in 6 miles on a mix of road, ice, snow, bare ground, mud, sand, you name it! I hit Highland Green Road and then ran the small river loop down to the Cathance - the river is running quite high right now, that's for sure - before returning via the cart paths and up and around Mt. Ararat in a random fashion. Looks like we're in for some even warmer weather this week - trail conditions are bound to get even more interesting, I think!

No comments: