Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mush, Slush, Mud and Puddles

Well, by the time I got home from dropping Sam off at daycare, the temperature had climbed above the required 45 degrees, so I donned my shorts for this morning's run. I had told Ryan I was going to run the Highland Green loop, thinking the powerlines wouldn't be runnable. But as I ran out towards Highland Green, I changed my mind. The day was just too nice for road running! And actually, where the trail had been packed by the snowmobiles, there was actually some really fine running! I couldn't help myself. I decided to stick to the trails instead. Yes, bad Danielle, for telling Ryan one route and going on another. But I figured he knew me well enough by now to know where to find me, and in fact he probably could have predicted I would run the trails instead. And well, if need be, all he would need to do was look for the miniature Inov-8 footprints ;-)

In any event, I had a grand old time stomping through the cold puddles, slipping in the mud, sinking into the saturated sand, tiptoeing across the icy patches, and enjoying some great running in between with no screw shoes required. It took a while to get through the 5 miles, but who cares? The sun was shining, it felt like spring, the trails were runnable, and I came home with my legs and shoes covered in mud! :-) Perfect!

1 comment:

unstrung said...

miniature inov-8 prints :>

mud!!!!! :> :> :>