Saturday, March 31, 2012

Better

Sorry for the dreary post yesterday! I woke up this morning feeling tired, but better. I hit the powerlines for the five-mile Homeplace loop. Things were amazingly dry out there, although some of the stretches which tend to be muddiest were pocked with ATV/dirt bike ruts and lots of slips and slides from other people's feet as they had tried to get around the mud before things dried out. I ran slowly but pretty happily, listening to the birds and enjoying the sun above as it tried to send down its warm rays through the clouds. Proud to have gotten in 50 miles this week, even if it wasn't all run "on plan" and it wasn't all pretty. I know a lot of people run 50 miles or more every week, or at least a lot of weeks in training, but for me, 50 is big. Hopefully I have enough left in my tired little legs to get in another big week next week!

No comments: