Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow's the day of the big race! I am nervous, but not as much as I was earlier this week. Of course, all that could change later today :-) Plus, the weather forecast is looking a little more promising for us runners, so that makes me feel a bit better too! I got out this morning at 7am for an easy 3 mile run. The sheep laurel are now blooming along the powerlines - very pretty! As Jamie suggested, while I was running along, I worked on visualizing a strong and steady race, and how happy I would be to cross the finish line feeling good. It was good to think about running through the Grove with everyone around, running through the fields and out on Oak Hill. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing and cheering on all our friends out there on the trails tomorrow, and am really thankful that my parents are such good sports and are willing to get to our house at 6:30am tomorrow morning so that we can pull this whole race thing off. We are indeed lucky not only to be able to do this crazy running stuff, but to have friends and family to support us in it too!

The rest of the day today is going to be a bit busy, as we have a new show opening at the gallery and a reception late this afternoon. But I'm hoping that once I get home, I can relax and get to bed early. Hopefully Sam will grace us with a good night too :-)

No comments: