Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's Hot Out Here!

At 8:30 am this morning, the thermometer was reading 69 degrees. And it was humid. I ran the three-mile Highland Green loop while Sam was napping, and I was hot! I guess summer is on its way. I felt pretty snappy, which was nice, considering I didn't get in a recovery run yesterday despite good intentions.

Yesterday, Sam and I had a great day while Ryan was over in New Hampshire for work. Sam was a champion napper, and took a 1:20 morning nap plus a 2 hour nap at 11:30. Wow! I hardly knew what to do with myself :-) In fact, I frittered way a lot of that time, as I just kept expecting her to wake up any minute! Oh well, it was nice to just sit on the couch for a bit and relax. I planned to go out for a short run in the afternoon so that she could nap in the B.O.B. but as I was driving over to the bikepath, it started to sprinkle, and the winds were crazy! I didn't have the energy to pilot the B.O.B. along the river in high winds, and we don't have a weather shield for the stroller yet, so we settled for a short car ride through Bowdoinham, which produced yet another nap. I am hoping she is sleeping well at daycare today, so that we might have another night like last night. She was up at 10:30 right as I was getting ready for bed (What was I doing up so late?! I have no idea. Actually I do know... I was getting sucked in by bad (but oh so funny) reality TV on VH1...) and then at 2:30, waking up at 6:30 for the day. Not bad in my book! Maybe she's learning to sleep after all?!

1 comment:

sn0m8n said...

You take bad what you said about Tough Love! Next you'll be saying that you don't like Tool Academy.