Monday, May 24, 2010

Mid-Morning Six

For some reason, I was feeling a bit unmotivated this morning. But regardless, I knew I would feel even worse if I didn't run today, so I snuck out during Sam's morning nap, and did the six-mile Hillside loop that heads out on the powerlines, down Foreside to some park trails and through a little neighborhood before popping back out on the lines. Man, was it hot out! 77 degrees. Wow! I felt a bit like I was melting. I hope things cool down a bit before Sunday. Yikes!! I'm getting pretty nervous about the 50k as it is, without the thought of running it in heat like today's. Aie. What have I gotten myself into?!

After my run and Sam woke up for her nice 1 1/2 hour nap, we hung out together for the day while Ryan worked. I took her out for a short stroll around the neighborhood in the B.O.B. with her out of the car seat, and facing forward in the stroller like a big girl. She looked so cute! The harness was set on the smallest setting :-) In the end, it was just too hot to stay out for too long, but she seemed fine with the change, which was good. I'm not sure she'll nap as easily in this position, since she'll be looking out on the world, but she can't stay in the car seat forever! Plus, without the seat, the stroller should be a little easier to push for a bit, at least until she starts to get bigger herself!

After a bit more playtime, I tried to get her down in her crib for an afternoon nap, but she wasn't having it, so we went out for a nice air-conditioned car ride instead. There really are some beautiful spots on the outskirts of Topsham and Brunswick, and out in the countryside of Pownal, Durham and Lisbon. All of the unmowed fields I passed were glimmering with buttercups and dandelion, and I even spotted a few Bobolink along the way too, which made me smile! After a bit of cooing and playing, Sam fell asleep as we drove along, which meant she was a happy girl for the early evening as we all sat and rolled around on her playmat before bedtime. We're trying to encourage her to crawl, but so far she just isn't having it! :-) I know she'll get there, and for now, we'll enjoy the fact that she isn't yet mobile, which certainly makes things easier!

Here she is, dressed for the day (well, at least until an afternoon spit-up) in a custom onesie courtesy of Tank and Willow. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Scout said...

Hey, when you're out driving our way, stop in anytime.

Don't worry about Sunday (easy to tell someone else...I'm getting flip-flops in the belly), we'll all be in the same boat if the temps stay high.