Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nerves

I had intended to get out for a run yesterday, but the hot weather sapped my energy, and by the time it cooled down, dinner was already done and I was practically ready for bed :-) Thank goodness it's taper week! One more day off likely won't help or hurt me at this point, so I was OK with not running yesterday. I did however really want to be sure to get out today, so I was out the door at 5:55 for a quick 3-mile run of the Highland Green loop before the rest of the house was awake. I was feeling a bit off. My stomach was doing flip-flops and I was feeling nauseous. Ryan said it was all in my head, and that there was nothing wrong with me, that I was letting my nerves get to me. I wasn't convinced, but I must say, after I put it out there to the world (ie. Facebook) that I was getting pretty nervous about the race and got back a few calming responses, I really did start to feel better. Now I just have to keep in the right frame of mind for the next few days and get myself ready to run and have fun out there on Sunday!

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

Listen to Ryan.......trust yourself

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Kevin! Look forward to seeing you on Sunday!