Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chilly Early Morning Run

Sam was my alarm clock again this morning, and I was out running by 5:50am. It was chilly - only 43 degrees! Brrr! - but I warmed up fast. I did the longer Highland Green route, and ended up running it pretty quickly (at least for me) - 40:45 for the 5 miles. It's nice to feel good so early in the morning :-) I saw two Towhees while running, with my "regular" guy hanging out on a branch by the end of the powerlines at the junction of Highland Green Road. And an even better sighting for the morning came as I was crossing Rt. 201 for the final 1/4 mile of the run. Who should I see biking down the road but Jim! I couldn't believe it. What are the chances that the one cyclist I saw was Jim, who was biking to work from Portland, and who just happened to be biking by at the exact same time I was crossing the road! You'd think it would be a pretty slim chance, but I guess not :-)

1 comment:

Scout said...

You do see interesting wild life! ; )