Monday, November 10, 2008

Yummmm....Pancakes!

There is something about pancakes. My grandmother used to make us these cool Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes when I was a kid, and we loved it. Maybe that is where my love of pancakes comes from. Anyway, for the past few weekends I've been pining for pancakes. Our favorite breakfast spot in Brunswick, Broadway Deli, makes wonderful strawberry and blueberry pancakes. Yum. So, this morning we headed downtown so I could get my pancake fix! :-) It made me very happy to eat my pancakes and then sit for a while with Snowman, drinking numerous cups of coffee and talking.

After our big breakfast, it was hard to motivate for a run, but I finally dragged Snowman off the couch. What he really wanted was to take a nap instead - he had a long weekend of work and didn't get home until late last night. But I knew we'd feel better if we got in our run. The temperature was right around 50 degrees, but the wind was swirling around and kept us both feeling chilled for the first mile or so. We headed out through the Commons and then into Pennelville for a 9-mile loop. I love running out into Pennelville, through the fields on the quiet roads. But today the wind was in our faces, making this section of the route not all that much fun. The view from Simpson's Point made up for it a bit, with the sun shimmering nicely off the water. As we continued on, the wind seemed to follow us, only once giving us a nice tailwind and more often then not blowing right at us. Ah well. Despite the wind, it was a nice run and I felt pretty good, although my quads are a bit tight, making my legs feel a bit more leaden than I would like. I guess I need to do a bit more stretching!

No comments: