Sunday, November 23, 2008

Windy Morning at Bradbury

Although the thermometer was telling me it was warmer this morning than yesterday and the sun was shining, the wind made it feel oh, so cold! I finally dragged Snowman out of the house around 10:30 and we headed to Bradbury for an hour-long run. We headed onto the east side trails and turned left onto the Lanzo single-track. I probably set the pace at a bit faster than intended, but I was just trying to warm up as we zig zagged through the trees! Despite the fact that we were in the woods, the wind was whipping around, making my eyes tear up and my nose run. The ground was packed solid, without a lot of hoar frost, but with a healthy smattering of frozen mud puddles rutted out by mountain bikes. I felt good throughout the run, although my ankles were definitely feeling the affects of yesterday combined with the inconsistent frozen ground. Tomorrow I'll be doing a road run to give them a little rest!

The plan for this afternoon is to head to the theater to see the new James Bond movie. Sounds good to me.

No comments: