Saturday, November 1, 2008

Who Wants Some Candy?

When we were at Sam's Club last weekend, we purchased a huge bag of Halloween candy. Of course, we did this knowing full well that we had an invitation to go over to Nate and Shannon's for dinner on Halloween night. Still, we reasoned, with all the young kids in our neighborhood, surely some of them would be out trick-or-treating before 6pm.

Were there any? No.

We took a 1/3 of the bag to Nate and Shannon's and left it there for them to enjoy, but that still leaves us a lot of candy! I'm envisioning coming home this evening after work and finding Snowman all hyped up on mini Milky Ways, Twix and Snickers, the wrappers strewn on the floor and he and Ronnie chasing each other around the house. Good times. But at least it would mean some of the candy is gone and not sitting there just waiting for me to eat it :-)

I went out for a short run this morning across the street on the Mt. Ararat trails. Snowman's loop has a fair number of hills in it, so it was a good workout. The woods were quiet and the sun was tinged with pink as the sun rose amongst the clouds. Although I felt like I was working a bit hard on the hills, overall I felt pretty good and think I'm pretty well recovered from the marathon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that what you're supposed to do on Halloween? Buy a bunch of candy "for the kids", then eat it all yourself?

Blaine Moore said...

I got a big bag at BJ's, got home, and realized I'd be at the trail race in Bowdoin all night on Friday so I shouldn't have bothered. We brought the candy to the race and set it up at the finish line, so most of it got eaten, thankfully.

Sparkplug said...

Tank, absolutely! I just figured I had to say we didn't buy it all for us :-)

Blaine, sounds like the race was a fun time. Hope they do some other events that we can join in on!