Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2 x 5

Snowman and I got out for a nice slow 5-miler in the Commons on Monday. It was just what we needed to loosen us up a bit from Sunday's race (or wander through the woods, in my case). We did see 5 Hooded Mergansers on the 1st pond, which was very exciting. I always love it when I spot these birds. The usual group of Mallards were on pond #2. Other than our run and a few errands, Monday was a quiet day.

This morning I got out for a 5+ miler on the powerlines. After all the balmy weather we've had, the temps this morning felt pretty darn cold. 23 degrees + gusting winds = one cold Sparkplug! As I was heading out the door, Snowman insisted that I put on a heavier shell, and I was glad I did. Brrr. Despite the cold, it was a nice run on a sunny and crisp November morning.

No comments: