Sunday, November 9, 2008

5 and Shopping

With Snowman up at work this weekend for a 2-day event, I was on my own today. After a leisurely wake-up and breakfast, I went over to the Commons for a 5 mile run. Although the sky was overcast, the rain had stopped and it was warm and muggy. The run went well, and the woods were busy, with people walking their dogs and biking along. The Bowdoin fields were busy too, with several soccer games going on. I guess everyone was out enjoying the unseasonable weather.

What's a girl to do when her workout is done and it's only 11:30 am? Go shopping, of course! No, seriously, that's what I did. No, no, not for me, as I really am not a big shopping fan and besides, we pour all our extra money into gear, not real clothes :-) But I figured with a free afternoon I would get a jump-start on my Christmas shopping. I knew Snowman would be happy to miss out on one shopping day, so I headed to Freeport. It seems like the rest of the world must have had the same idea. There were tons of people around, and LLBean was packed! Despite the crowds, I was successful in finishing off the shopping for my niece Morgan, so that is at least one person checked off the list. Mission accomplished.

No comments: