Monday, November 24, 2008

Meh

"Meh." Funny addition to the dictionary, I think, but I'd say it sums up how I was feeling about going running this afternoon. I had the day off, but Snowman was working. I knew I should get out for a run, for a myriad of reasons: 1) It was in the 30s and actually feeling sort of warm outside! Plus the wind seemed to have died down a bit. 2) I had already spent the morning and early afternoon cleaning the house, organizing some things, doing errands and a bit of Christmas shopping. In my mind, there is a limit on how much time should be spent on household chores, and I'd done my share for the day. 3) It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow. 4) I wanted to take tomorrow off to rest up a bit for the Feaster Five. But despite all these reasons, I wasn't feeling enthused. Oh well, time to go anyway.

I headed across the street to do the lollypop loop in Highland Green that Snowman had run last week. It was a nice mix of powerlines, pavement and packed dirt roads. I plodded along, lost in thought, and although I didn't feel great, I ended up with a decent time for the 5 mile loop, and as is always the case, was glad I got out.

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Nice job at getting out there. If Yoda ran, he'd probably say "regret never one does going out for a run... only not going." Then he'd steal your Clif bar.

Sparkplug said...

I like that idea. Next time I don't want to run I'll have to remember Yoda saying that :-)