Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Happy Global Running Day!

I never made it out of bed this morning but then I realized I had scheduled my day so that I could leave at 3:00 pm, even though Sam didn't have a meet. There was a team run to Dairy Queen as a celebratory last practice of the season, but if I moved quickly enough I would have time to get in my own run and get her to practice. A win win!

I headed over to the BTLT Garden parking and out onto the trails from there. It was warm and sunny but with a nice breeze. Still, I could tell it was pretty hot out, that I was tired from a long day yesterday and that I was probably a bit dehydrated too. Ah well, it was still a great afternoon to be out on the trails so there was no complaining just a slightly slower pace ;) Lots of bunchberries and starflowers, along with some pretty ladyslippers, their pink flower showcased against the greening woods. Up in the fields the bobolinks were chattering and flying low over the tall grasses. Got in a nice 5 miles and then headed quickly to change into new, non-sweaty, less stinky running clothes and to get Sam to practice.

There was quite a big group today! I guess a run to ice cream will do that :) The run was just under a mile and everyone did a great job. It was a fun way to finish up the last practice of the season and an even better way to celebrate Global Running Day :)

Sam and her running buddies, enjoying their DQ ice cream :)

No comments: