Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tuesday/Wednesday

This week, Shannon came over here to run on Tuesday. It was a bright and beautiful morning if still a bit chilly. We ran through the Mt. A. woods, along hole #3 and out into the Cathance for a lovely tour of the trails. It is always fun to share these trails with friends! The river is much lower than it has been, but is still roaring over the rocks in the rapids section and the forest floor is definitely greening up. A good 6.4 miles to start off the day!

This morning, I was out the door at 5:30 am so I could get into work early. I wanted to make an attempt at a slightly quicker paced run so I hit the cart paths for the 6 mile loop. Took it slow in the first mile up and over Mt. A. with a faster 2nd downhill mile, then managed to keep the pace around 8:50 for the remaining 4 miles. Nothing too snappy, I realize, but felt decent, although really truly I do not have much turnover in these legs anymore. Gotta work on that this summer for sure.

No comments: