Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pineland Fun

I did actually contemplate running the 25k for about three minutes yesterday ;) but nah! Although today would have been the day to run distance at Pineland - it was just about perfect running weather!

I started off the day with a lovely 8 miles out in the Cathance. I was kind of kicking myself for not getting in as many miles on Friday or yesterday as I would have liked (hence the Pineland thoughts...) but once I got out there and just enjoyed the run, I was happy. Lots of lady slippers, blue bead lilies, star flowers, Indian wild cucumbers, trillium, false lily of the valley lined the forest floor. The river is running very low right now but there are still some nice rapids.

Ribbit! Stopped to check out the vernal pool and found a few noisy bullfrogs.

The blue bead lily, looking nothing like it's name at this stage of life but sporting some lovely delicate yellow flowers.

After Ryan got in his run, we headed out to a yummy brunch before going over to Pineland for the afternoon. It was fun to catch up with friends and cheer on the runners, and of course Sam had fun in the bounce house!

Whee!

Cute kid in the bounce house :)




No comments: