Friday, February 12, 2016

Chilly

This has been one odd winter. Or maybe it is just that it has been inconsistent. Needless to say, the cold spell we are currently having seems extra chilly after the long stretches of warm winter weather we've had recently. Brr! Only 3 degrees when I headed out, and that was at 9:00 am after dropping Sam off at school. Easy day to run more miles than degrees, at least ;)

I had a laundry list of things on my to do list and was volunteering in Sam's classroom this afternoon, so in my mind, it made more sense to stick around here and run, versus driving over to the Brad, so I decided I would try for a little "speed" and run roads today. I parked over on Pennelville Road and headed out from there, enjoying the crisp cold air, the brilliant sunlight, the sparkling ocean views and the bright white snow cover along the fields. The roads were quiet with little traffic and in surprisingly decent shape. I was able to run comfortably without my screwshoes; there was only one stretch of road in the shade with a bit of snow/ice coverage, otherwise I had good bare pavement to run on. The early miles went by easily at a solid clip, and then I had to focus a bit to stay there, but it felt good. Finished up with 10 miles in 1:26:59 for 8:40 pace, and happy with that.


No comments: