Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weekend Running

...or not running, as the case was yesterday. We were up at 5:00 am to catch our flight back to Boston. All went smoothly and we arrived at Ryan's parent's house around 1:00 pm with enough time to change and catch up briefly before the memorial service for Ted. It was a nice, intimate affair at the house with a small group of people and some lovely words said about a quiet, kind, loving, strong man. Of course, I ended up missing half of it as Gavin and Sam desperately needed to get out and move, so Chris and I took them out for a walk around the block. After the service was over, the family went out for a fun dinner. The two little cousins were just too cute holding hands walking through the parking lot ;)



Despite the fact that I was exhausted, I didn't sleep well but still wanted to get up and out for a run this morning. I snuck out around 7:15 for a run on the Weldon Farm loop before anyone else was awake. I didn't really have enough cold weather clothes, but luckily it warmed up quickly! I gotta admit that my legs felt pretty sluggish and the run just kind of was. But that's ok. Looking forward to getting back on the trails this coming week and enjoying the singletrack out in the Cathance with no snow!

No comments: