Thursday, April 30, 2015

Soccer!

Earlier this winter, I noticed that Topsham Rec was offering a soccer program called MiniKickers through ChallengerSports in the spring. While Sam has not expressed too much interest in traditional team sports, I thought it sounded like a good, fun, laid-back introduction to the sport and asked her if she wanted to do it. The answer was a resounding "Yes!" When I asked her again later in the week, she was still enthusiastic so I signed her up.

Yesterday evening was the first soccer camp. I'd say Sam was on the older end of the scale, as the class was for 4 to 5 year olds. Being a younger kindergartener, she is in an odd place where age-wise she is often still grouped with pre-schoolers, but honestly, in this instance I didn't think it would be such a bad idea. Coach Jenny had the kids running around with and without the ball and doing some fun little drills and things that focus on basic skills and movement. It was a bit more like controlled chaos than soccer at times, but it was very cute :) Even better, Sam seemed to fit right in skill-wise and had a great time! Yah, soccer ;)








No comments: