Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Taperitis and Travel Crazies

Got out yesterday morning in the drizzle for a mellow three miles around the block. Still snow in the woods, but things are clearing fairly quickly with the warmer weather. This morning I decided to try out the cart paths after hearing that Ryan and crew got out on a few of the holes last night. I went up and over Mt. A. and ran holes #3 to #9. There were still some soft patches of snow in the shadows, mostly between holes, and a bit of ice, but otherwise it was good running. And since it was only 34 degrees out, the mud and gravel was fairly solid. It was a good change of pace from the back dirt road, and it gives me hope that when we return from NC, we will actually be able to get out on some snow-free trails!!

Speaking of NC, it is supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny on Saturday. As if I've had the chance for a lot of heat training with the winter we've had up here... HA! Signing up for a spring race in the south was a gamble for sure, but I'm excited to run in a new place and in a different race regardless. Of course, if the forecast holds, there will no doubt be a lot of ice, salt tabs, a fair bit of swearing at the weather gods and a slower finishing time, but hey, what can you do? :)

We head out tomorrow. There are piles and notes all over the house, and there has been a fair amount of crazy going on in our house this week between tapering and pending traveling. Poor Ryan :) I love to go places, but I am really not a good traveler! Still, I know we will all be happy when we get to NC tomorrow - I am definitely looking forward to a good vacation!!

No comments: