Saturday, March 21, 2015

Wicked Slow, Dude

Ok, so apparently, I should have done a bit more stretching after yesterday's run or perhaps done some rolling last night... this morning's run was not pretty. I was incredibly creaky and my hip flexors were yelling at me quite loudly. Perhaps I should also have not chosen to run the singletrack trails down in the Cathance - I had to run very carefully to ensure I not only stayed on the narrow ribbon of packed snow but to ensure that I didn't slip into any of the postholes, etc. Still, it was nice to be out there without snowshoes, even if I was just as slow this morning. Ha!

I headed out a little before 6:00 am, and ran up and over Mt. A., then out along the groomed stretch along hole #3. The Heath had seen some idiot postholing in literally 18". What could possibly have seemed like a good idea about that?!!? Once across the street, thankfully, the trail was much more evenly packed. As the sky grew lighter, I could see that the ice was melting along the river and the sound of the rapids filled my ears. There is still an incredible amount of snow out there in the woods though!

Got in a slow 7.2 miles to start the day.

Oh yes, and just in case anyone is interested, DQ is now open! :) Sam and I stopped there yesterday for our first soft serve of the season. Yum!


No comments: