Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekend Running and Fun

I was up and out early Saturday morning (why yes, how unusual...) for my run. The plan was for me to run before Sam's swim lessons, me to take Sam to swimming, Ryan to run while we were up at the Y, then for us to come home, quickly pack up the car and all head to MA. The snowmobile trails were a bit softer than they had been on Friday morning, but then again, it was just about 30 degrees so it was quite a bit warmer. I ran the dump loop at a fairly mellow pace, getting in 7 miles at 10:00 pace. Skies were a bit overcast, so I didn't catch a spectacular sunrise, just a quiet, pink glow above the trees along the Lover's Lane field before I headed back into the woods for the final few miles home.

As we drove south later in the morning, the weather was good until we hit the New Hampshire border and then it started to pour like crazy. We were both glad we'd gotten our runs in early and could just hang out and then enjoy a yummy mexican dinner without worrying about running in a downpour.

This morning, Ryan and I took advantage of the fact that Sam is more than willing to hang out with Grammie and Grampie, and went out for a run together. Of course, skies were overcast but clear until just before we headed out. Typical :) I'm not sure it was quite snow and it really wasn't straight rain - more like snain ;) But suited up in the right clothing it wasn't so bad, and it just enticed me to keep the pace up for the whole of the loop ;) Got in a snappy (for me) 5 miles on the Weldon Farm Loop.

We had brought our snowshoes and gear as Ryan had told us she wanted to go on a hike with Grammie and Grampie. After lunch, big, fat, wet flakes were falling but she still wanted to go out, so we all suited up and headed out the back door to explore out in the woods for a bit. Despite the wet weather, we had a lovely time wandering around for a half hour or so, following a number of well--traveled deer trails and watching the wet snow build up on the beech leaves and pine branches. Always good to get out in the woods, no matter what the weather!










No comments: