Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Snowmobile Trail Running

Although spring is right around the corner and the snow is melting, there is still plenty of white stuff to go around. And although the snow is getting a bit rotten and bare spots are appearing here and there, the snowmobile trails are still solid running right now. Ryan had said last week that the Cathance trails had been postholed like crazy, which is a bummer, but not too surprising, so I think I'll be sticking to the snowmobile trails for as long as they hold up, despite the fact that they are basically flat as a pancake, minus a few short steep hills.

Headed out this morning at 6:00 am to run the dump loop. Light began filtering in a few miles later, but I kept on my headlamp for much longer than I normally would have, if only to see the divets and postholes along the way in the flat light on this very overcast morning. I kept the pace mellow and finished up with 6.6 miles for the morning.

No comments: