Sunday, November 23, 2014

Ocean Morning and Some Afternoon Fun

I was up and out of the house this morning around 7:00 am while everyone else was still sleeping. For the sake of diversity, I drove over to Bowdoin and headed out through the Commons to the ocean via Coleman Farm. At 30+ degrees, it felt downright balmy after the past few days! With the mild air, no wind, and the sun breaking through the clouds, it was a lovely morning to be out in the woods. The juncoes flitted in and out of the brush at the edge of the pastures and a thin veil of ice sat atop the ponds along the trail. The sun glistened off the thin ribbon of water snaking through the salt marshes, and the leaves crunched beneath my feet. Finished up with 8 mellow miles, and returned home early enough to enjoy the pancakes and bacon Ryan was cooking up. Yum!

I never tire of this view

Reflections

After a leisurely rest of the morning reading and playing, and doing a bit of cleaning and end of the fall organizing, we set off for Augusta to the Children's Discovery Museum. It's really more of a playplace, with different experiential/discovery rooms, but Sam had a blast. We were there for 2 1/2 hours! Of course, much of the time was spent playing grocery store because, well, that is the most fun ever :) On the way home, we stopped into Slates for a cookie and found Xar doing a bit of studying there. What a happy coincidence! It was fun to catch up while we enjoyed a bit too much sugar :) All in all, a great Sunday!

Big chair!

Grocery store fun

Construction site!

Construction workers ready to go!


2 comments:

unstrung said...

Love the construction site pics! Great to actually get to hang out with all three of you by chance. I think I was on the verge of anatomical saturation and I credit you with saving me from the implied consequences! It is much easier to keep up when you are sitting still. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I guess it was warmer in Maine than it was in Virginia yesterday :) Beautiful pictures! I haven't been running with my camera lately, because it has been too cold to stop for pictures.