Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

A busy day here, but a lot of fun.

I was up early again for my run, 5 miles down to the river and back along the trails. It was crisp out, the trails were dry, and I felt pretty good. The sky was starting to light up by the time I was headed home, a deep golden glow along the horizon.

After I dropped Sam off at school, I headed out to Pineland to meet up with Amy for a walk. We got in a good 3 miles down to the yurt, wandering along the trails and stopping in to see the cows on the return trip. Then we headed into the Visitor's Center where we had bagels and coffee and sat and talked for another hour. Fun to catch up, and a nice morning for a walk at the farm.

Dressed up like trail walking monsters :)

I got a few chores done around the house after our walk and then it was off to Sam's school to volunteer for an hour. The classroom was abuzz with slightly crazy kids who were very excited about Halloween. Sam's teacher had four stations set up with activities, and I sat at one of the stations to help out. It was fun to get a chance to sit with all of Sam's classmates and get a bit more of a sense of how the room runs and how the kids interact. Then it was a special Halloween snack before wrapping up for the day and the week. The cupcakes Sam and I made last night were a hit! Thanks, Neenie and Pip, for sending up the fun Halloween sprinkles and cupcake toppers! 

Sam and I scooted home and got her dressed up in her costume, then headed over to the Topsham Fair Mall where we met up with Anne and her family to join in on the Halloween parade. It was a fun way to get in some trick or treating before we all headed to Seadog for dinner. 

Yup, another Elsa :) But she's a cute one if I do say so myself. 

When we got home, Sam wanted to pass out candy and then take a quick tour of the neighborhood to do some more typical trick or treating. She did a good job and ended up with a pretty hefty amount of candy! Of course, most of it is chocolate so it will be going in to work with Ryan on Monday but she still had fun :) 

Happy Halloween everyone!


No comments: