Friday, October 17, 2014

This and That

Yesterday, got out in the mist and rain for a short 3 miles around the block. It was just getting light at 6:30 but the woods were still dark. 

This morning it was raining a bit too hard to really want to get up and go out at 6:00 am in the rain and darkness for 7 miles. Might just have to call those miles a lost cause, unless I can rally on Sunday night after Sam's bedtime, which is the only time it might even possibly happen that day due to BBU. [Yup, see, lost cause.] Then it was off to Dr. Jamie for a bit of tune-up. Darn the psoas and tight hip flexors. By the time I left, the sun was coming out and it was warming up. Kind of odd to have high 60s in mid-October, but it was lovely out. I met up with Val at Edna & Lucy's to pick up a map, some flags and arrows, then headed out to Lawrence Road and off onto the powerlines and into the woods for two hours marking a portion of the Big Brad course. There was still a lot of color out there, with a lot of lovely red maple and yellow birch and beech leaves down on the trail. 


The arrows stand out, but the orange flags sort of just blend in with the leaves. Hopefully they will be obvious to the runners as they come by and I put out enough confidence markings along the way! :-)

I had about an hour when I got home so after a quick shower and lunch, I quickly did a little vacuuming, cleaning and laundry (amazing what I can do in a short timeframe now that I have a kid!) then hopped in the car and headed to Woodside to do some volunteering. I had hoped to be able to help in Sam's classroom, but unfortunately, the schedule changed and they have Book Buddies with the third grade students on Friday afternoons, so today I was up in the copy room making copies. Not super exciting, but I am happy to help! Plus, I got a chance to look in on the class for a few minutes, and to see Sam's sunflower up in the hallway :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sunflower! Frame worthy!

Ann

Sparkplug said...

Ann, we were thinking it would be nice framed too! Hope you are doing OK. We missed seeing you and George this weekend.