Thursday, October 9, 2014

By The Light of the Moon

Got out on Tuesday morning for a short 3 miles, and then again this morning for 4 miles. Needed a headlamp on both runs for a portion of the run. Days are getting shorter and shorter. This morning as I ran up the cart path on hole #3, the full moon shone brightly up in the dark sky to my left. I turned off my headlamp and ran along the gravel path by light of the moon. Glorious. I was a bit too early to see the sunrise above the Heath, although the sky was a rather lovely shade of deep blue. As I turned up toward the quarry, I heard rustling in the woods. Shining my light onto the deep round shape off the edge of the trail, was a big 'ol porcupine lumbering off. A bit further, along the edge of the quarry, streaks of pink and gold and orange lit up the skyline. A beautiful way to start the day.

(Did 10 push-ups this morning too. Trying again... :) )

No comments: