Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Midweek

Met up with Shannon yesterday for a mellow 4.5 mile jaunt on the BTLT trails. The woods were pretty dark when we started at 6:30 am, especially on a cloudy morning. Fun to catch up and hear about her half marathon at the Hidden Valley Nature Center.

This morning, I donned my headlamp at 6:00 am and headed out onto the powerlines. With the heavy overcast, the colors were very muted this morning but fall was in the air - that sweet smell of ferns that I love so much, the wet, earthy smell of the fallen leaves. I had the light turned on until the road, where I was able to turn it off due to the street lights, and from there I was able to stow the light away, but probably only because I was running the cart paths and not the trails in the woods. I ran the cart paths in reverse order from 9 to 3, and had a thought that perhaps I should *gasp* push myself a bit and actually work on my run instead of just ambling along :) Plus, I figured it would be a good test of how the legs were feeling after Pisgah. I wasn't running truly fast, but it did feel good to push the pace a bit, and the legs held up fine.

No comments: