Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Flying! And 4 Years!

Took Monday off as planned. After a slight bit of hobbling very early in the morning, I spent the day surprised I didn't feel all that badly, considering what I'd done the day before. So, Tuesday morning I was up and out for a run around 6:00 am. Still dark and overcast enough that I needed my headlamp for the powerline portion. I felt like I was flying! Honest, my legs felt good. Of course, then I turned onto Highland Green Road, turned off my headlamp, looked down at the beep of my Garmin and saw that the first mile was 10:xx. So much for flying :-) Ha! Ran the 5-mile loop, which allowed me to stop and pick up all the flags in the final 2.5 miles of the course. Finished up in just under 50:00, which I suppose really isn't all that bad. Although my legs felt good, I also just plain felt tired. So today is another day off. I'll get back at it tomorrow, and am hoping for a solid long-but-not-too-long run on Sunday. Of course, that assumes that I am not completely wiped out by Saturday's events, which includes a joint 4-year old birthday party at the Rumpus Room for Sam and Anne, best little buddies whose birthdays are only 4 days apart. There will likely be 25 kids there, racing around, playing and being generally crazy. Then, we're having the family back to our house for a family party. Whew. I get tired just reading that :-)

And on that note, a very happy 4th birthday to my baby girl, Samantha! It seems truly amazing to me that you are now 4 years old. That the little 6 pound bundle who came into the world on October 9th 4 years ago is now our strong-willed, bubbly, loving, smiling, sassy, smart, inquisitive, sensitive little girl who loves to collect rocks, colors in rainbow patterns, writes her own name, and routinely beats us soundly in any matching game :-) Sam, may you always be as silly, loving and full of wonder as you are now. We love you to the moon and back, little one. Happy Birthday!

No comments: