Friday, October 25, 2013

A Good Run

The past two runs this week have been fairly mediocre. But I've had two nights of decent sleep, as in 6-7 hours in one stretch (gasp!), so maybe that is why I felt good on this afternoon's run? Or maybe because I'm tapering and am a bit more rested than I have been in the past few weeks running-wise? Who knows? Either way, it was nice to have a good run. I headed out around 3:00 pm and ran down to the river. Under the overcast sky, the woods were muted today, filled with the earthen tones of late fall. Still lovely, though.

Can hardly believe that all I have left to do before Stonecat is four runs. Last "long" run tomorrow, somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 or 7 miles in the Cathance, where there is no hunting allowed, which will especially be a relief as it is Youth Hunting Day, and then just three measly 3-mile runs next week. Holy crap! It is almost here! My emotions about the race have been running the gamut between excited, terrified, nervous, confident, uncertain and hopeful. But regardless, I am looking forward to it.

No comments: