Friday, October 4, 2013

Faltering...

Never quite got into the swing of things this week. Tuesday we were all exhausted and out of sorts. Wednesday, I was sure I was going to get up early and run, but that didn't happen. And then Wednesday night, Sam was for some unknown reason up from like 3:30 until 5:00 am, which means I was up too... Needless to say, I didn't get out the door yesterday morning either. *sigh* Running definitely took a hit this week!

But I did get out this morning. With my headlamp shining, I headed across the street and onto the powerlines. At the top of the rise, I could see the light on the horizon - it looked almost red. I ran the Highland Green loop, just to give my legs a chance to get back into the swing of things after not running for 3 days and to give me the chance to not trip and fall in the semi-darkness :-) Didn't need my headlamp after a mile or so, and on the back road, the rose-colored light was hitting the tips of the trees, lighting up the fall foliage on the maples - red, gold and orange. Lovely. Nice to be out in the cool morning air, and be back running!

No comments: