Thursday, October 24, 2013

Are You Documenting This Stuff?

I talked with my friend Andy tonight. We hadn't talked in a while, and haven't seen each other in way too long. He asked me to tell him a story that captures Sam and the funny things she does. I only had to think for a second until I remembered that last night, on the third time I had gone into her room to tell her it was time to sleep (Good heavens, I really dislike the days she naps at daycare!) in a not-so-friendly voice, she sighed and said, "I love you, Mommy. And tonight, I'm going to dream about you and me running together."

To which Andy replied, "Are you documenting this stuff? I think she's got a playbook somewhere about just how butter you up." Yup, I'd say that about sums it up. She's a mischievous little thing, she is. But I have to hand it to her. She's pretty smart too. What running mom wouldn't like to be able to run with their kids? She knew right how to tug at my heart strings :-) And thankfully, she finally did go to sleep so that worked in her favor too!

No comments: